Durant Community School Bond Information
Bond Vote - September 11, 2018
What am I voting for?
- SECURE ENTRANCE addition and renovations to existing spaces will provide a secure entry for the students, staff, and community.
- New accessible ramps will provide a SAFE access point to the building that is protected from the weather.
- Upgrades to existing exterior doors will allow for a SECURE building at all grade levels.
- AUDITORIUM renovations will create an environment and opportunity to grow and perform on a larger stage in front of more people. Stage accessibility will also be resolved by adding ramps within the space.
- MULTI-PURPOSE ATHLETIC FACILITY will provide space for all students, athletes, and the community. NO more late night practice times.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL CLASSROOMS will allow teachers to expand science, technology, engineering, and math curriculum.
- Existing middle school gym space will be transformed into a FINE ARTS suite that provides space for Art, Choir, and Music.
- Additional 21ST CENTURY CLASSROOMS and COLLABORATION spaces will provide expanded curriculum for all grade levels.
- Years of deferred maintenance and life safety items will be addressed to provide a SAFE, SECURE, AND FUNCTIONAL BUILDING
How will this affect my taxes?
A homeowner should see an increase of $3.50 per $1000 in property taxes. Durant currently has the lowest school district tax rate in the surrounding area at $10.65 per $1000.
School District Tax Assessment Comparison Graph
Property Tax Estimates for School Debt Levy
Who can vote?
Any eligible voter (at least 18 years of age) that lives in the Durant Community School District boundaries.
How do I vote?
Check if you are registered to vote
Register to vote online through the Iowa Department of Transportation Website
Download a voter registration form
Absentee Ballot Request Form
Find your polling place
Voter Frequently Asked Questions
How do I learn more?
Bond/Tax Community Meeting with Matt Gillaspie - July 24, 6:30pm in the Cafeteria